Bioresources and Biotechnology
DNAS-TERI School of Advanced Studies (TERI SAS) provides an opportunity to Ph.D. students to nurture their independent, analytical and critical thinking. It offers a conducive environment to achieve academic excellence and meet the highest global standards.
The Ph.D. programme offered by DNAS-TERI SAS draws its strength from the expertise and areas of interests of its faculty members and its adjunct faculty from TERI, its parent organisation.
The operational aspects of the Ph.D. programme are governed and guided by the provisions laid down in the "TERI School of Advanced Studies Ph.D. Regulations-2019 (and its subsequent amendments)".
At the end of Ph.D. programme, the students should be able to:
• Have an in-depth understanding of the nuances of the problem being researched and the literature surrounding it
• Explore frontiers of fundamental, applied and interdisciplinary research as decided by the chosen field of study
• Understand and apply scientific methods, tools and techniques to carry out high quality research work
• Independently plan and execute original research with high ethical standards
• Develop suitable communication and interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem-solving attitude as appropriate for a Ph.D. student
Preferred areas of research interest
Structural and Molecular Biology
Principal Investigator: Dr Chaithanya Madhurantakam
Expectations: Selected applicants will be involved in structural and molecular studies on pathogenic proteins of Helicobacter pylori and Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Enough expertise in handling basic rDNA and biochemical techniques, capable of using LINUX/UNIX operating systems for computational purposes. Knowledge of macromolecular crystallography is desirable.
Brassica Developmental Biology and Crop Improvement
Principal Investigator: Dr Anandita Singh
Expectations: Selected applicants will contribute in characterizing regulatory genes governing adaptive developmental traits in highly polyploid Brassica genomes with an applied research goal of trait manipulation. Expertise in basic rDNA techniques is desirable.
Plant Molecular Breeding
Principal Investigator: Dr Shashi Bhushan Tripathi
Expectations: Selected applicants will be involved in QTL mapping of important agronomic traits in Capsicum. Expertise in basic rDNA techniques is desirable.
Microbial pathogenesis and genetics
No. of Ph.D. vacant seats available for admission in Academic Year 2022-23: 4
Principal Investigator: Dr Ramakrishnan Sitaraman
Expectations: Fellowship award, microbiology-related research experience, familiarity with computational approaches and applications, publication(s) in a peer-reviewed, indexed journal.