The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at TERI School of Advanced Studies, a Deemed to be University was constituted on 26 February 2019.
Adhering to the glorious tradition of TERI SAS, the EDC aims at inculcating the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst the students at TERI SAS which paves way for the genesis of new and innovative ideas.
Ideas certainly change lives, but they also require a favourable environment nurtured by the support and guidance that result in individuals coming out with ideas and then people investing their faith in them.
The EDC at TERI SAS ensures that the students get that support and environment where they think and come out with ideas that change lives of the people and that too in sustainable ways.
Cell not only facilitates various support services including information to students of TERI SAS endeavoring to become entrepreneurs, but also ensure that the various programmes being conducted at the Institute to provide the students an environment for self-employment and entrepreneurship.
TERI SAS is known for its multi-disciplinary curriculum and therefore, the Institute has the concept of entrepreneurship in its curricula.
The following activities will be carried out by EDC in each academic year:-
• Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme (EAP)
• Talks by successful entrepreneurs/Guest lectures
• Skill Development Programmes (SDP)
• Research and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities
• To support prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects of new startups wrt project approvals, loans and facilities etc