1. How should I apply?
Applicants can apply online by going to Admissions->How to apply->apply now
2. What is the application fee?
For Indian Candidates If the application form is being submitted through online mode, INR 1250 needs to be paid (either online or a DD can be sent to the deemed University, at the following address: TERI School of Advanced Studies, 10 Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110070.
If the application form is being submitted through offline mode, a Demand Draft (DD) of INR 1450 needs to be sent to the deemed university at the above-mentioned address.
For International Candidates IInternational candidates do not have to pay any application fee.
3. Where can I find the eligibility criteria?
On the website, go to Admissions -> How to apply -> Eligibility (please select Masters/Doctoral/Diploma etc.)
4. Where can I find the fees details?
On the website, go to Admissions -> How to apply -> Fee (please select Masters/Doctoral/Diploma etc.)
5. Where can I find the selection criteria?
On the website, go to Admissions -> How to apply -> Selection Process (please select Masters/Doctoral/Diploma etc.)
6. Is there any age limit for applying to these programmes?
No, there is no upper age limit for the programme.
7. I am a working professional. Can I apply for these programmes on a part time basis?
TERI SAS masters degree programmes are offered as full time 1 or 2 year programmes, where students are required to attend classes regularly and maintain 75% attendance.
8. What is the last date for application?
Kindly refer to admission calendar.
9. Can I join the programmes without receiving the final year graduation result?
Admission is possible for students expecting their final year results provided they complete all requirements for the qualifying degree prior to joining the TERI SAS; however, all such admissions are provisional and are confirmed upon production of the original final year mark sheet.
For admission, students can submit a letter from the “Head of the Institution” stating that the student has completed all requirements for the award of degree.
10. Is the TERI SAS common entrance test mandatory?
Yes - it is mandatory for all regular full time programmes, other than the MBA programmes (where the CAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT/XAT scores are also considered / taken into account) and LLM (where students can apply based on score received in PG-CLAT as well). There is no entrance test for the MA (Public Policy and Sustainable Development).
11. What is the syllabus of the entrance test exam?
The test is a general aptitude test; including logical reasoning, quantitative ability and English language.
12. Is there any guidance available for preparation for the entrance test?
Yes, sample questions are available on the website at Admissions->Online Test->Sample Paper
13. Where are the test centers for entrance examination located?
A list of centers is available in the information brochure on the website. The written test will be held at a large number of locations across India; however, test centers are subject to change, depending on the number of applicants.
Foreign applicants are not required to appear for any written examination conducted by TERI SAS; however, they are required to submit their TOEFL / IELTS scores.
14. When would the interviews be held?
15. What can I expect to be asked in the interview?
The interview would be general in nature, aimed at judging the candidate’s motivation to work in the field of development, aptitude and general awareness of issues and recent occurrences in field of development.
16. In how many installments can I pay the fee?
The Semester fee cannot be paid in installments. Each semester fee is to be paid at the beginning of the semester. The programmes are spread over 4 semesters except LLM, which is spread over 2 semesters.
17. Are there any scholarships offered for these programme? What is the process for applying for scholarship?
Very limited scholarships are available.
Details on scholarships and the application process are available on the Deemed to be University website under Admissions-> Scholarships.
18. Are bank loans available for studying at TERI SAS?
Yes, TERI SAS has a tie up with Credila (An HDFC initiative) and Canara Bank for Student Education Loans.
Please note that provision of loans and formalities required for the loans are dealt with directly by Credila and Canera Bank not through the TERI SAS. Details about these are available on the deemed University website under admissions-> Education Loan
19. Is there a hostel available for students?
Limited seats are available for outstation female students. Seats are allotted according to merit in entrance test and previous academic record. International female students are provided with seats in the hostel. Male students are helped in getting accommodation around the deemed University by the administration. For details on Hostel please visit Deemed to be University website under Life@Campus-> Hostel
20. In case I do not secure a seat in the hostel, what budget should I allocate for accommodation in the vicinity of the deemed university?
You could roughly allocate anything between INR 15,000 INR to 20,000, depending on the kind of stay.
21. Does TERI SAS provide any placement assistance?
TERI SAS has a centralized placement cell; however, students' placements, both for internships and jobs, follow a programme specific approach. Each programme possesses a core placement committee, represented by one faculty member and a few student representatives, largely from the second year. Placement activities performed by the committee continue year-round. However, accelerated efforts take place in the third semester.
22. Where could I be placed at the end of this programme?
Students can be placed in PSUs, MNC, NGOs, Government Bodies, private firms. academic institutes, research organizations.