*. This programme is not offered from academic year 2021-22
The PG Diploma programme in Water Science and Governance (WSG) is an exit programme on successfully completing first two semester course work of M.Sc (WSG) programme. This option is suitable for professionals interested in developing an interdisciplinary understanding of water management. The format of the programme is in consonance with New Education Policy (NEP) 2020, promulgated by Government of India, facilitating multiple exit options to give flexibility to students. Students interested in taking the exit option are encouraged to inform their choice at the time of applying to the M.Sc (WSG) programme.
Programme specific outcome
The PG Diploma programme in WSG has the following outcomes:
• Develop an understanding of science, socio-economic, governance and institutional dimensions involved in water resources management.
• Develop basic understanding of quantitative and qualitative statistical tools and GIS tools used for analysing water resources and associated issues.
• Knowledge to estimate water use in agriculture, households, and industry and perform water audits.
• Skill to conduct baseline study prior to implementing water-based projects.
* Does not include mid and end-semester breaks and evaluation schedules (based on major and minor tests and assignments)