TERI SAS announces Maneesh Manjunath Scholarship for the Fourth semester students. The scholarship is in the memory of TERI SAS alumnus Maneesh Manjunath (M.A SDP 2010-12) with support from Kaushal Rastogi (M.Tech 2010-12) and Pankaj Singh (M.Tech 2009-11). Proposals are invited for projects/ideas which aim towards sustainable development of the society. Scholarship of INR 30,000 will be awarded to winning project proposal for implementation in a time frame of six months.
• Fourth semester students of all the streams are eligible to apply for the Maneesh Manjunath Scholarship
• Research proposal must be approved by the proposed internal supervisor.
Criteria for selection
The criteria for the selection of proposals follow:
• Clarity in aim and objectives, proposal quality and feasibility of implementation.
• Proposal that contributes towards sustainable development of the society and/or research projects presently being undertaken at TERI SAS.
• A proposal that addresses an emergent issue in the aforementioned areas of work and opens up future scope of research at the Deemed University.
• Clear articulation of tangible and verifiable output/outcomes
• The proposal does not exceed the budgetary limit of INR 30,000 and provides justification of the expenditure against the budget heads.
•Scholarship will be given to candidates with no other internal or external source of funding.
Submission of proposals:
Students can submit the project proposal individually or as a group by 26th February 2021. We encourage submission of research proposals as well as proposals for a project to develop innovative and practical solutions to overcome any developmental and/or environmental challenges.
The proposal should be submitted in Microsoft Word as per the format suggested in the Annexure along with a covering letter from the proposed internal supervisor (a faculty at TERI SAS) expressing interest in the proposed area of work.
The proposal should not be more than five A4 size pages. The proposal must be submitted electronically (please write "Application for MM Scholarship" in the subject line, and cc to the Supervisor) by the deadline to:
Dr Swarup Dutta
Department of Policy Studies
(Email: email@example.com )
On the basis of the above-mentioned selection criteria, the Admissions and Scholarship Committee will invite only the shortlisted candidates to make a presentation before a panel of experts. The panel would make the final recommendation for the award of the scholarship. The selected applicant(s) will be required to resubmit the revised proposal after incorporating the comments/ suggestions (if any) received after the evaluation process.
Important Deadlines for submission and award
• 31 March 2021: Submission of the proposal
• 9 April 2021: Presentation before the panel of experts
• 16 April 2021: Communication to the winning applicant/s
• 29 April 2021: Release of the first installment of the scholarship to the student
• 17 May 2021: Submission of the interim report to the Scholarship committee and statement of fund utilization
• 25 May 2021: Release of the second installment to the student, subject to satisfactory progress
• 11 June 2021: Final presentation before the Fellowship Committee
• 22 June 2021 (COB): Submission of the final report (Max. 8000 words) with an abstract (Maximum 1000 words) to Fellowship Committee
• 30 June 2021 (COB): Completion of the evaluation and release of balance fellowship.
Disbursement of the Fellowship:
The grant approved by the Scholarship committee will be released to the winning proposals in three installments:
• First installment: INR 15,000.00 grant will be released on signing of the letter of acceptance and the terms and conditions by the student.
• Second installment: INR 10,000.00 grant will be released after two weeks of submission of an interim report duly forwarded by the supervisor as well as statement of resource utilization.
• Final installment: INR 5,000.00, the balance fellowship amount after submission of the final report and its acceptance by the fellowship committee.
The expert panel in its recommendation for the award may propose an alternative schedule for disbursement of the scholarship after considering if the particulars of the proposed research require so.
For further queries: Please contact Dr. Swarup Dutta at firstname.lastname@example.org