Dr Prateek Sharma is presently working with TERI School of Advanced Studies as Professor and has served as Dean (Academic) in the past. He has more than 27 years of research/teaching experience. He received his Ph. D. degree in environmental engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. He has Master"s degree in hydraulics and flood control and Bachelor"s in civil engineering from Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi.
His general research interests- focus on environmental systems modelling, statistical applications in environmental and water resources engineering, and environmental risk assessment. He has been regularly contributing to high impact academic journals. He has also authored two books (international editions) in the area of vehicular pollution modelling and stochastic modelling and one monograph. Presently he is writing two books titled Environmental Data Analysis, and Environmental Modelling. He is a member of several professional societies. He has been admitted as a Fellow of Wessex Institute of Great Britain in 2004, in recognition of outstanding scholarly work. Prior to joining TERI University, Prateek worked for the School of Environment Management, GGS Indraprastha University for eight years.
- Kwatra, S., Kumar, A., Sharma, P. (2020). “A critical review of studies related to construction and computation of Sustainable Development Indices ”, Elsevier
- Tyagi, S., Sri, T., Singh, A., Mayee, P., Shivaraj, S.M., Sharma, P., Singh, A. (2019). “Suppressor of overexpression of constans1 influences flowering time, lateral branching, oil quality, and seed yield in Brassica juncea cv. Varuna. ”, Springer .
- Tarannum, F., Kansal, A., and Sharma, P. (2018). “ICT for Public Participation in River Water Quality Management”, AJOL .
- Tyagi, S., Sri, T., Singh, A., Mayee, P., Shivaraj, S.M., Sharma, P., Singh, A. (2018). “Suppressor of overexpression of constans1 influences flowering time, lateral branching, oil quality, and seed yield in Brassica juncea cv. Varuna. Functional & Integrative Genomics
- Tarannum, F., Kansal, A., Sharma, P., (2018). “Understanding public perception, knowledge and behaviour for water quality management of the river Yamuna in India
- Kumar, S., Sharma, P., Vaidyanthan, G., Yap, N., (2017). “Diffusion of Cleaner Production Innovation in clay-fired brick sector Case Study of Varanasi Brick Cluster in Eastern India
- Jain, S., Agarwal, A., Jani, V., Singhal, S., Sharma, P., Jalan, R (2017). “Assessment of carbon neutrality and sustainability in educational campuses (CaNSEC): A general framework, Elsevier
- Sharma, S., Sharma, P., Khare, M. (2017). “Photo-chemical transport modelling of tropospheric ozone: A review.
- Neelam Singh, Suresh Jain, S. Prateek Sharma (2016). “Environmental benchmarking practices in Indian industries: evidences from an empirical study.
- Sumit Sharma, Prateek Sharma, Mukesh Khare, Swati Kwatra (2016). “Statistical behaviour of ozone in urban environment, Elsevier.
- Awarded the title of Fellow of Wessex Institute, Wessex Institute of Technology, Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst, Southampton, UK in recognition of outstanding scholarly work in the area of air quality modelling.