The theme of World Water Day 2021 is valuing water. With water being traded on the Wall Street alongside gold and oil, it is critical that we start looking at water as both a social and an economic good. The water that we use in our daily lives and is visible to us constitute just about 8% of the total water that we consume every day. The remaining 92% is hidden in the food we eat, the clothes we wear and the lifestyle that we lead. The value of water is much more than its price – water has enormous and complex value for our households, food, culture, health, education, economics, and the integrity of our natural environment. If we overlook any of these values, we risk mismanaging this finite, irreplaceable resource. Without a comprehensive understanding of water’s true, multidimensional value, we will be unable to safeguard this critical resource for the benefit of everyone.