Dr. Vidhi Madaan Chadda, is a commerce and law graduate from the University of Delhi. She is a fellow member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. She did her Masters in laws (with specialization in corporate laws) and has qualified UGC-NET. She obtained her Ph.D. in the area of Competition law from the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
She specializes in the areas of Company law, Competition law, Insolvency law and Tax law. She has been practicing, researching and teaching in the said areas for over a decade. Prior to joining TERI SAS she worked as an Assistant Professor at the Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
She is a resource person for a number of government and non-governmental institutions like National Training Academy, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Northern India Regional Council - Institute of Company Secretaries of India and other regional chapters of ICSI.
She has presented research at over a dozen national and international conferences/seminars and has research publications to her credit. She has authored a commentary on ‘Competition Act, 2002’ published by Bloomsbury (India) and co-authored a book titled ‘Law and Procedures under NCLT and NCLAT’ published by Wolters Kluwer (currently running in its’ 3rd edition).
- "Wages under Employee Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 and draft Code on Social Security, 2019: A Comparative Appraisal" Chartered Secretary Vol.49 Iss. 11 (November 2019) ISSN 0972-1983
- Competition Act, 2002: Law and Practice (Bloomsbury Professional India) ISBN 978-93-88630-70-2 (2019)
- Law and Procedures under NCLT and NCLAT (Co-authored) (Wolters Kluwer India Pvt. Ltd.) ISBN 9789387506176. (2016) Revised Editions 2018 & 2019
- "Case Comment on Competition Commission of India v. Coordination Committee of Artists and Technicians of WB Film and Television and Others” NLUA Law and Policy Review Vol 3 No. 1 (2017) ISSN 2455-8672
- “(Relevance) of relevant market delineation in abuse of dominance cases: The Indian Experience” in Manoj Kumar Sinha ed. “Emerging Competition Law” (2017, Wolters Kluwer CCH) ISBN 13:978-93-86691-28-6
- Fellow, Institute of Company Secretaries of India (2019 onwards)
- UGC- Fellowship at doctoral level (2015)
- Appreciation Award for Honorary services to Northern India Regional Council- Institute of Company Secretaries of India (2011)